I’m a day behind in the 30-day writing challenge and the next one up looks pretty easy, so I’m going to try to double up on them today. I have about a half hour of spare time this morning before I have to go to work. The first one up today is to telling me to write 10 interesting facts about myself….so here it goes!
- New York City is my favorite place in the world. I love the busyness of it all. I love all of the things there are to look at, all of the things to do, the big shops and the small coffee shops. It’s fun, inviting, and exciting. I’ve been referred to as a “city slicker” before and it’s probably true. I couldn’t survive on a farm if I had to live there permanently….I need stuff to see and do and places to go…I’d be bored.
2. I have this weird obsession with paprika…especially on vegetables. Cooked cauliflower isn’t complete without it…even though it doesn’t really taste like much.
3. I also pour chia seeds all over my food. They also don’t taste like anything, but I heard they were super healthy or something.
4. I love to go “yard-saling.” in the spring and summer. I’m always looking for buried treasurer — someone selling something dirt cheap that is very rare/collectible but they don’t realize it. I walk to all of my yard sales and use the GPS on my phone to find them. I often don’t have any clue where I’m going…that’s half the fun though. I love walking around town and going to unfamiliar places.
5. I’m an avid reader. I’ll read pretty much anything, but classics are my favorite. The only books I’m not really a fan of are mysteries and sci-fi. The Catcher in the Rye is my all-time favorite book.
6. I am also a really big fan of F. Scott Fitzgerald. I love reading about the 1920’s and 1930’s which is what much of his writing focuses on. I think people had class back then, which they lack today.
7. When I look at the world and the direction people are headed today, I can’t help but feel horrified. Morality truly doesn’t exist anymore.
8. I am a life-long Christian. I currently attend Trinity Christian Chapel which is a non-denominational/evangelical church. I’m not really a fan of denominations because I feel like some Christians get too focused on denominations and lose their focus on Jesus. I am not a member of a church though. I am not really a fan of church membership either, but may consider joining in the future so I can take on an active leadership role.
9. I’ve always known I wanted to be a writer.I started publishing poetry when I was 11 years old. I am also experienced in fiction writing, journalism, blogging, writing for the web/social media, and basically every genre you can think of. I am currently writing a memoir on my cochlear implant experience.
10. I’m a huge fan of the New England Patriots.I am very upset and annoyed by the NFL’s decision to reopen the deflategate case, but confident that Brady will come out on top again. #FreeBrady.
Well those 10 facts were easy enough. After work I’ll see if I can tackle today’s real assigned challenge: which is to write about a place I’d live, but never visited.